SRCNetwork
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:33 am
Latest topics
» We will meet you this tuesday
Google admits breaking App Store rules EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:35 am by somindradilruk

» RE-ENROLMENT
Google admits breaking App Store rules EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 7:55 am by somindradilruk

» Beyond this world
Google admits breaking App Store rules EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 3:23 pm by somindradilruk

» Best Moves Ever
Google admits breaking App Store rules EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 3:21 pm by somindradilruk

» What Does 256 Cores Look Like?
Google admits breaking App Store rules EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:31 pm by tim.miller30

» New CEO of Microsoft
Google admits breaking App Store rules EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:21 pm by tim.miller30

» What Happened to IPv5?
Google admits breaking App Store rules EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 10:47 pm by somindradilruk

» Classful Addressing
Google admits breaking App Store rules EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:22 am by somindradilruk

» Bouncing Balls
Google admits breaking App Store rules EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:03 pm by somindradilruk

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Google admits breaking App Store rules

2 posters

Go down

Google admits breaking App Store rules Empty Google admits breaking App Store rules

Post  Admin Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:55 pm

Apple has drawn some serious criticism lately for their strict policy on App Store approval which has led to a number of seemingly random rejections. Apple has not only been rejecting applications that compete with their own, they also forbid companies from using undocumented APIs to develop them – supposedly because they are often in active development and subject to change.

Google’s voice search function on the latest version of its Google Mobile search app, however, appears to break the rules. The company has admitted using the undocumented proximity sensor API in order to add a nifty feature, which allows the phone to sense that you want to conduct a verbal search when you put it up to your ear and then performs the search when you move it away.

Apparently the occasional use of undocumented methods in public iPhone frameworks is not that rare in third-party iPhone apps. Now that Google has come clean, though, Apple might choose to enforce the rules of the iPhone SDK and force the search giant to rewrite the application – or at least alter the way it utilizes the proximity sensor. Then again, if it doesn’t, it might set a precedent of favoritism.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://srcnetwork.1talk.net

Back to top Go down

Google admits breaking App Store rules Empty Re: Google admits breaking App Store rules

Post  tim.miller30 Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:27 am

hay man dont diss apple! they may not be as free to 3rd party software as Microsoft but look at how much better the os's are! and how reliable all the apps. have you ever had a i pod fail to work because you have a game on it? (im shore it has happened but i have never heard of it.)

how long has it bean since apple have bean in the news for something bad? i cant remember the last time!

wear as windows are in the news all the time over things like system failure and bad programs. i have not heard of 1 instance of bad programing from apple. if you can find one i would be happy to rescind the last comment
tim.miller30
tim.miller30

Back to top Go down