SRCNetwork
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 50 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:33 am
Latest topics
» We will meet you this tuesday
New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:35 am by somindradilruk

» RE-ENROLMENT
New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 7:55 am by somindradilruk

» Beyond this world
New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 3:23 pm by somindradilruk

» Best Moves Ever
New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 3:21 pm by somindradilruk

» What Does 256 Cores Look Like?
New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:31 pm by tim.miller30

» New CEO of Microsoft
New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:21 pm by tim.miller30

» What Happened to IPv5?
New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 10:47 pm by somindradilruk

» Classful Addressing
New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:22 am by somindradilruk

» Bouncing Balls
New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:03 pm by somindradilruk

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords

2 posters

Go down

New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords Empty New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords

Post  somindradilruk Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:50 pm

Browser malware has generally targeted IE in the past, since it's the biggest target and doesn't exactly have a good reputation for security. That's one of the main reasons why Firefox has become as big as it has, with a worldwide market share around the 20% mark. That increase in usage has also made it become a bigger target, and now a new piece of malware has been identified that specifically targets Firefox.

The malware, called ChromeInject, holes up as an add-on in Firefox and identifies when you are visiting certain financial sites, like PayPal, to harvests usernames and password for those sites. Afterwards those logins get sent off to a remote server, where they are no doubt used to drain or transfer funds from people's accounts. Users still must visit a malicious or compromised site to become infected by this trojan, and security products are already being updated to detect it. One of the easiest steps to prevent infection is just to make sure any add-ons you install come from an official source, like Mozilla's repositories.

Even if the odds of infection are low, seeing harmful software written specifically for Firefox does demonstrate that it is now becoming large enough for people, including people with bad intentions, to take notice of it.
somindradilruk
somindradilruk

https://srcnetwork.1talk.net

Back to top Go down

New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords Empty I am glad I am using Apple Safari

Post  somindradilruk Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:02 pm

I am using apple safari. Its brilliant
somindradilruk
somindradilruk

Back to top Go down

New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords Empty Re: New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords

Post  tim.miller30 Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:05 pm

and who gave you the idea to use it?
tim.miller30
tim.miller30

Back to top Go down

New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords Empty No one. ?

Post  somindradilruk Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:11 pm

No one gave me any idea. My soul became fan of apple very mysterious way. My fiancee has got apple safari in her laptop. Well I gave a try ? Actually you mention the name. But you never mention the features that have.
somindradilruk
somindradilruk

Back to top Go down

New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords Empty Re: New Firefox malware attempts to steal passwords

Post  tim.miller30 Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:11 pm

true but it is good
tim.miller30
tim.miller30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down